PDA

View Full Version : Service Books/Email

Scottay
12-13-2007, 01:34 PM
I had to do a complete reload of my BBery software due to a glitch. I ended up upgrading from 4.1 (verizon) to 4.2.

I also sent new service books as I usually do.

I noticed in the list of service books it has all of my emails (I have 4) listed twice.

For example one of my emails is listed sshguru@<hidden> [CICAL], and the other is sshguru@<hidden> [CMIME].

Should I delete everything and send a new service book or is this normal with 4.2?

Thanks,

Scott

penguin3107
12-13-2007, 01:44 PM
I had to do a complete reload of my BBery software due to a glitch. I ended up upgrading from 4.1 (verizon) to 4.2.

I also sent new service books as I usually do.

I noticed in the list of service books it has all of my emails (I have 4) listed twice.

For example one of my emails is listed sshguru@<hidden> [CICAL], and the other is sshguru@<hidden> [CMIME].

Should I delete everything and send a new service book or is this normal with 4.2?

Thanks,

Scott

That's the way it's supposed to be.
One of those service books is for your email, and the other is for your calendar.
You should leave them in place. No need to delete anything.

Scottay
12-13-2007, 01:48 PM
Great! I didn't even think of that - with the new calander feature. That takes a load off my mind.

Took me 3 hours to redo all of my settings last night after the blackberry crashed. The good part is I have 4.2, and a new version of PocketDay Professional (the best software I have). Takes a long time to set up PocketDay though if you lose it which is what took a long time.

Do you have your email checking set to 0? I used to have it at 1, but this one defaulted to 0 and I left it there.

Scott

penguin3107
12-13-2007, 01:50 PM
Do you have your email checking set to 0? I used to have it at 1, but this one defaulted to 0 and I left it there.

I don't know what this means.
Is that a PocketDay setting? I don't use that software.

Scottay
12-13-2007, 03:00 PM
I don't know what this means.
Is that a PocketDay setting? I don't use that software.

Sorry that is a PocketDay setting - thought it was a blackberry one.