PDA

View Full Version : BlackBerry Calendar

eddyjrsf
12-13-2007, 06:15 PM
I'm still learning, as a newly migrated Treo user. I got used to updating my calendar with Palm on the desktop, then syncing with Treo 650 but it doesn't seem like Blackberry has a similar calendar sync-up. However, it looks like Yahoo and Google have been working on that, but I don't like trusting my personal calendar on an online calendar. Here's the question, "does Outlook provide the same functionality for syncing up your Blackberry calendar like Palm/Treo"? i.e. I add/delete/update appointments on Microsoft Outlook, then sync that with my Blackberry Curve and all data is magically transferred to Blackberry Calendar ;-)

I have a Blackberry Curve with T-Mobile, strictly for personal use, so don't use with work, where I do have Outlook established but might update home Outlook if it syncs with Blackberry Calendar. My job does not allow me to sync my Curve, since it's for personal use. If I connect it to work computer, it wipes it clean.

I hope I chose the correct forum, apologies if I didn't.

Lastly, any good "free" calendar holidays application out there?

aiharkness
12-13-2007, 06:28 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Desktop Manager syncs blackberry with Outlook and several other PIM applications, as well as Yahoo. I use Outlook. No problems for the most part.

djm2
12-13-2007, 06:36 PM
And yes, it works almost identically to the Palm software for cal and contacts and tasks and memos.

eddyjrsf
12-13-2007, 06:48 PM
Thank you, I'll try syncing with Outlook tonight - cheers