PDA

View Full Version : 8820 Email Problems

iBlackberry
12-14-2007, 02:14 AM
I just purchased my new 8820 as an upgrade from Perl. The conversion went well, changed my associated device PIN in BIS, sent Service Books, and synced with Outlook. Beautiful.

I attempted to reply to an email that was sent from a user on our company domain, and it failed. Further investigation uncovered that when I synced my contact from outlook, somehow they are loaded in the 8820 as Active Directory addresses i.e. /o, /ou, /cn, etc. I looked back in my Outlook, and all the email addresses display correctly, and they are just like this in the 8820. My contacts on any other domain are not effected.

We are using Exchange without a BES. It seems like the 8820 thinks there is a BES, not sure why, as I did not even start the Enterprise Act wizard. In fact, I did not even add my email accounts on the 8820, they ported over with service books when I changed the PIN in BIS.

Any suggestions? This was not an issue in the perl, so I am thinking there is some setting that I have wrong.

dankarlinski
12-14-2007, 08:44 AM
Wirelessly posted (8320 Curve: BlackBerry8320/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Berries are smart. It must have just assumed it was a BES. I would talk to ur IT guy (or whoever runs the BB server) and see if he knows anything