PDA

View Full Version : Uncaught exceptions after enabling Content Protection

tdigitee
12-14-2007, 09:46 AM
Hi,

I have another question relating to Content Protection, which we recently enabled (Strong) on some 8800c/8700c/7130c devices for testing prior to enterprise-wide rollout. For the first couple of weeks everything seemed to go pretty smoothly (aside from some random Enterprise Activations kicking off), but then a few of us started noticing some Uncaught Exceptions at certain points.

Specifically, two users (8800c and 8700c) received the following error when they attempted to open certain e-mail messages:
"Uncaught exception: padding byte out of range."
This would happen each time they tried to open a certain message, and they could click <OK> to get rid of the error message but the e-mail message never opened. Several hours later, though, they tried the same messages again and they opened without issue.

On my 8800c, I've started to notice that sometimes when I unlock the device (all of ours are password-enabled), I get the following errors in sequence:
"Uncaught Exception: Attempt to delete a field that doesn't belong to the manager."
I click <OK> and then get:
"Uncaught Exception: Field added to a manager while it is already parented."
Clicking <OK> returns me to the Home screen as normal and BB operations are fine.
Most recently, I seem to get the "Already parented" message by itself with some regularity. FWIW I have full wireless e-mail and PIM sync which only a handful of other users (8700c users) do.

If you can shed any light on why this might be happening I would be most appreciative. Thanks!

cheers /td