PDA

View Full Version : 8800 on AT&T

wdaveweaver
12-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Hey guys/gals got a quick question? I currently have a t-mobile 8800 and my company will be switching to AT&T very soon. I have obtained the unlock code from T-mobile and have successfully unlocked my phone and tested it with an AT&T sim card. The question I have is will my 8800 have the GPS capability on AT&T or will it be unavailable as on the 8820 and what do I need to change my TCP APN settings to for AT&T as I currently have wap.voicestream.com? Thanks for your input.

Dave

Dubdub
12-14-2007, 03:18 PM
You will need to change the settings to use the ATT SIM. I am sure you can do a search on here and find out - Main Page - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Main_Page)

Here is what I have:

Options >> Advanced Options >> TCP

APN: WAP.CINGULAR
Username: WAP@<hidden>
Password: CINGULAR1

You will also need to have a BB dataplan to use the map features. GPS is actually free, paid for by your tax dollars, but you need a map program such as BBMaps, GoogleMaps or TeleNav to make them work.

You need the dataplan since the maps are constantly downloading map dta which cannot be stored on the BB or on the SD card.

wdaveweaver
12-17-2007, 09:21 AM
Thanks for all your help, I'll get it setup when we switch soon to AT&T. Merry Christmas!!!!