PDA

View Full Version : Sprint refuses to enable WAP services for 8830

logisnews
12-15-2007, 02:20 AM
I keep trying to get audible player to download my audiobooks from audiobooks to my Sprint 8830.

Audible says I need the "WAP service books" or something like that... not sure of the exact terminology but when I called sprint and asked them for this they refused saying they won't support 3rd party applications.

I expalined that I had this on my AT&T blackberry (wap.cingular.com) so why wouldn't sprint let me use my audible player and enable the WAP services.

I spoke with a supervisor and he refused as well.

Has anyone run into anything like this?

Thanks

Jim

jsntrenkler
12-15-2007, 03:21 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I have not, although I am with Verizon. So I understand, no WAP sites work on your 8830? Perhaps you need to log into your BIS and hit the resend service books button (this is just a guess, as I believe that I have seen sprint users post via the WAP version of this site.) ... Or perhaps you are on a BES, and your admin has a policey that does not allow 3rd party applications to run?

orbitz
12-15-2007, 03:31 AM
Someone else just posted about this problem...have you tried going to a regular wap site like BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community (http://wap.blackberryforums.com?) I have an 8830 on sprint (BES) and can get to it fine. I do remember trying out Audible and never did get it to run right...maybe a problem specific to Audible..or what jsntrenkler said...some kind of restriction that your admin has applied.

zomborama
12-15-2007, 06:43 PM
I tried on my Sprint 8830 using BIS and have no issues either. Perhaps you can try re-provisioning again under Option>Mobile Network>(press Menu and Start Provisioning)

iBlackberry
12-15-2007, 08:34 PM
Solution: Switch to AT&T :smile:

playboyinsac
12-17-2007, 06:17 AM
well as dumb as it sounds.....lol when you type in the web address type " wap.blaclberryforums.com" in stead of www type "wap". I also had the same fjdhfghgjfsnlk problem and only having the one browser thus htme/wml but no wap, so when i tried to go here on pinstack and get some ota themes on my sprint 8130 "i know this is the 88.. forum" i had to do wap not www.

jsntrenkler
12-17-2007, 08:32 AM
well as dumb as it sounds.....lol when you type in the web address type " wap.blaclberryforums.com" in stead of www type "wap". I also had the same fjdhfghgjfsnlk problem and only having the one browser thus htme/wml but no wap, so when i tried to go here on pinstack and get some ota themes on my sprint 8130 "i know this is the 88.. forum" i had to do wap not www.

Not dumb, probably happens all the time ... Thanks for bringing it up.