PDA

View Full Version : Password device problem

bathstonian
12-15-2007, 01:05 PM
Just got my 8820...it was set up by my IT department with the word PASSWORD as the device password. Didn't think that was very secure so tried to reset it. Something has gone wrong and it doesn't seem to want to work on the old password or the new one. Worse when I go to type in the passord instead of **** it is showing the letter/numbers I'm actually typing - HELP I have used 7 out of 10 goes.

MrKyoo
12-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Sounds like you need to contact your IT department.

juwaack68
12-15-2007, 01:11 PM
^^ What he said. They can reset your password wirelessly for you.

Don't keep putting in the wrong password or you will wind up wiping ALL data from your Blackberry and it won't work for email again until it is reactivated on the BES.

holden
12-15-2007, 02:27 PM
Just got my 8820...it was set up by my IT department with the word PASSWORD as the device password. Didn't think that was very secure so tried to reset it. Something has gone wrong and it doesn't seem to want to work on the old password or the new one. Worse when I go to type in the passord instead of **** it is showing the letter/numbers I'm actually typing - HELP I have used 7 out of 10 goes.
Hi...
Your BES admin can reset the password on the BES Console. Contact your IT dept. and have them reset the password.

Good luck...
H.

SheepDog
12-17-2007, 08:12 PM
...unless this is actually a husblands BB and you are trying to catch him cheating! This scenario has come up several times in the last few months!

Beleive it or not.

rambo47
12-17-2007, 08:40 PM
...unless this is actually a husblands BB and you are trying to catch him cheating! This scenario has come up several times in the last few months!

Beleive it or not.

QFT. Too much of this going on lately. I propose an immediate ban on sleazes looking to crack their spouse's Blackberry. Who's got the BAN Hammer?