PDA

View Full Version : 8800 App Loader "Browser" Error

Msteven16
12-15-2007, 03:08 PM
This is what i've done so far on my BB quest:

I edited the Blackberry.alx file and erased the _vendorID"102" file so I can get the my favs option on this cingular bb. I reinstalled the Cingula OS and deleted the vendor.xml file.

When I start the Desktop Manager>App Loader, the Browser setting is checked and faded so I cant, uncheck it. Whenever I hit next to install the OS to my bb, I get this error:

INVALID CONFIGURATION
The Application "Browser" cannot be loaded because
it requires the following applications that are now availible:
net.rim.blackberry.xml

Im sure there is a simple solution, I just cant find it.

Thanks, Matt.

----

yeey, i fixed it and have my favs now.

RJE
12-16-2007, 09:02 PM
This is a nightmare:

INVALID CONFIGURATION
The Application "Browser" cannot be loaded because
it requires the following applications that are not available:
net.rim.blackberry.xml

There is no simple solution. I've spoken to at least 5 support people at Telus. I've read every post on the web. Nobody has a plausible explanation for this. There is no workaround for it that anybody really knows. All suggestions on forums I've found are well meaning but not helpful. I thought maybe that ridiculous monster, Roxio Media Manager had something to do with it. I installed for the tenth time, this time without it. Roxio isn't the problem. I've tried every version of DM down as far as 3.6. Nothing. The fact that nobody has come to your rescue on this forum shows how impossible this issue is. I want to throw this into RIM's face, but I have no idea how to contact their tech support. I feel like driving out to Waterloo, and mixing it up with someone.

JSanders
12-16-2007, 10:08 PM
RJ, the original poster herre fixed his own problem within 30 minutes of posting the question.

Have you tried a clean uninstall/reinstall of DM? Look at this manager, even if you have unintalled it, read this:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/25937-how-perform-clean-uninstall-reinstall-blackberry-desktop-software.html

AND, you can contact RIM via your carrier. Ask them to escalate your call to RIM. They will probably do it after taking you though some basic BS, and if you are nice. I doubt they will if you let them know up front you want to mix it up with them.

Good luck.

John Clark
12-16-2007, 10:29 PM
I got this error once. I simply reinstalled the OS to the PC and edited the .alx again. I think it's a corruption in the blackberry.alx (just my theory.) However, reinstalling the OS fixed the problem.