PDA

View Full Version : Sprint On Demand?

SheepDog
12-15-2007, 07:38 PM
I guess I have it now with the new $30 power vision on my acct. but what is it and how to access it?

juwaack68
12-15-2007, 07:49 PM
You should have an icon that you first use to install it.....

SheepDog
12-15-2007, 08:56 PM
no- no new icons. I set it up verbally with a rep who was changing over my acct and she added the 30$ pkg manually. I should have an icon?

I still dont know what on demand even is yet much less how to use it....

juwaack68
12-15-2007, 08:58 PM
I had a clock-looking icon that I had to click on to install it (which then gave me a clock-looking icon... (I feel like I'm going in circles anyway).

There is some free stuff in it - like sports, weather, news....but there are also a lot of 'buy' buttons. I have to say I'm not as impressed with it as I thought I'd be.....

Make sure the icon isn't hidden, and if not, try resending your service books or doing a 'register now' to see if the icon appears.

SheepDog
12-15-2007, 09:05 PM
the only clock I have is the alarm app. I resent service books and it only sent me two emails saying the two email addresses are registered -my blackberry address and my home email address.

No register now icon at all. maybe it isnt enough to worry about anyway..

funny tho- this link says they have a lot of service I dont have yet...
Sprint set to unleash new $30 BlackBerry data plans | The Boy Genius Report (http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2007/10/30/sprint-set-to-unleash-new-30-blackberry-data-plans/)

juwaack68
12-15-2007, 09:06 PM
I didn't miss it....I just installed it to answer your question. I had it before and removed it. The other 3rd party apps I have do everything On Demand does...at least for me.

SheepDog
12-15-2007, 09:09 PM
intersting. I dont have a sprintNAV icon either even after showing all icons. and I never heard of sprint TV

juwaack68
12-15-2007, 09:11 PM
If you have the Sprint BIS $30 plan, you should have all of these. I had icons for each that were used to installed the apps.

Maybe go into Options -> Mobile Network -> Click menu button -> Click Start Provisioning to see if it it pulls them down??

SheepDog
12-15-2007, 09:17 PM
did as you instructed thanks. it sent an email saying my handheld has been registered with the wireless network and thats all.

juwaack68
12-15-2007, 09:20 PM
Then you need to call Sprint. When my 8130 was set up, after I registered I got a bunch of new icons for On Demand, Sprint Nav, Sprint TV, Sprint Music, etc. The first time I clicked on them I had to agree to the terms (which I read each word....not) and then installed the app.

AndrewAZ
12-16-2007, 12:09 AM
On your phone you should have a sprint software store app, click it and you should see On demand and Nav both free downloads.

SheepDog
12-16-2007, 10:32 PM
Thanks!

SheepDog
12-17-2007, 07:58 PM
I had a clock-looking icon that I had to click on to install it (which then gave me a clock-looking icon... (I feel like I'm going in circles anyway).

There is some free stuff in it - like sports, weather, news....but there are also a lot of 'buy' buttons. I have to say I'm not as impressed with it as I thought I'd be.....

Make sure the icon isn't hidden, and if not, try resending your service books or doing a 'register now' to see if the icon appears.

now that I have it I understand what you meant. meh. nothing to write home about.

ronx
12-17-2007, 09:01 PM
i agree that it's not that big a deal... i had a very similar On Demand on my Samsung m610 that was free since I had unlimited data. Well, I think there were some pay apps, but I really only used the weather portion and sometimes the news... I installed the Sprint On Demand yesterday on my 8130 for all of about 10 minutes -- long enough for me to see that it certainly wasn't worth the space it was using... i already have other (free) apps that do essentially the same thing as what I would've used On Demand for anyway. Deleted off my BB.

Rob

jcoppenh
12-19-2007, 08:18 AM
When I went to set up my new 8830, the rep noticed that I had the package on my Mogul and talked me out of transfering it to my 8830. Am I missing something or did he do me a favor?