PDA

View Full Version : Trouble getting 8703e to accept restore calendar

cgallivan
12-16-2007, 11:05 AM
I need some help with getting my 8703e to accept a "restore" from a backup that I did on the 14th.

After doing this backup, my company need to do a system wipe in order to get BES working. After doing this wipe, the BB was able to get on BES, but once I tried to restore my calendar and address book it will not allow me to transfer from the left side (desktop) to the BB (right side within backup/restore software). I have the .idp file and would like to know what I need to do in order to save the painstaking time of adding in all those contacts and calendar appointments. Is there anyway that I can get Outlook to accept the contents of an .idp file?

Any and all help would be much appreciated, thanks guys -

Craig

John Clark
12-16-2007, 12:23 PM
Welcome to the forums.

When the items on the left are "greyed out" it means that they are sync'd wirelessly with the server. On the device you'll need to go to the options for calendar and the options for address book and turn off wireless sync. Then restore the backup. After that's finished turn on wireless sync again (or leave it off if you'd rather sync wired with Desktop Manager.)

cgallivan
12-16-2007, 07:04 PM
Welcome to the forums.

When the items on the left are "greyed out" it means that they are sync'd wirelessly with the server. On the device you'll need to go to the options for calendar and the options for address book and turn off wireless sync. Then restore the backup. After that's finished turn on wireless sync again (or leave it off if you'd rather sync wired with Desktop Manager.)

holy cow...thanks for taking the time to respond! This fixed everything!

Craig