PDA

View Full Version : ringtones with usb no dp

Mr.cali
12-16-2007, 06:15 PM
I just upgraded my bb to 4.2 and i would like to know if some one could post the steps on how to get them on my bb. The program i am currently trying to use is audacity.

wingrider78
12-16-2007, 06:58 PM
Hello, here are the steps I use to create a ringtone in Audacity....

1. Open the mp3 file in Audacity
2. There will be a drop down menu to the left of file, it will have the file name on it, press the arrow and select "split stereo track"
3. Delete one of the tracks
4. Press the arrow on the track that is left and select "mono"
5. Edit the file to the desired clip, length, etc.
6. Go to Edit -> Select -> All or just press Ctrl-A
7. Go to Effect -> Normalize
8. Leave both options checked
9. Press ok
10. Go to File -> Export as MP3 and save with a filename that you like
11. Transfer file with DM to your phone.

These settings make the ringtone loud enough (since the 4.2 OS had quiet ringers compared to 4.1) for my uses (on the low volume setting).

If you think they are too loud or too quiet, put in step 9.5

9.5 There is a slider on the left marked with a minus and plus sign, this is for the gain....if the ringer is too quiet slide it to the plus side until it is loud enough, if the ringer is too loud, slide it to the minus side until it is quiet enough. then export.

Like I said, these are the settings that I like, feel free to change them as you need, but this should give you something to work with for now. If you have questions, just ask.

Mr.cali
12-16-2007, 07:37 PM
Thank you so much wingrider, but 1 more thing i was just wondering how i got the mp3 file onto the DM? am i supposed to put it in a certain folder or???

wingrider78
12-16-2007, 11:20 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

When you start you desktop manager, you have some icons to choose from (application loader, backup/restore, etc) one of them should be Media Center or Media Manager. Open media center/manager and it will show you two screens, one will be you computer file structure and the other will be your BB. On the PC side, browse to where you have your file saved. On the BB side browse to the ringtones. Back on the PC side, select the file/files you would like to copy over and just click the botton (sorry I can't remember what it says on the button right now). It should then be on your phone.

If you don't have the Media Center/Manager icon, you need to download DM version 4.2 sp2 with Media (200+ MB download) just search for it on here and you should find it. Hope this helps. Here is the link, choose 4.2 sp2 from the drop down, then choose the 231MB download.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do;jsessionid=oXDN5fn2RU0pif2fFMgJ-Q**

Mr.cali
12-18-2007, 07:46 AM
Ok i got it working,Thanks for your help wingrider