PDA

View Full Version : 2 SMS Questions...

steach
12-16-2007, 08:46 PM
Is there a hot key to create a new SMS? or do you always have to go to Messages>Create SMS

2nd. Is there an easier way to send a text message to multiple recipients other than selecting one, and than add recipient. Can you just add them all from the 1st time viewing the address book?

JSanders
12-16-2007, 09:42 PM
1- nope.

2- nope. You must add them one at time. If you text the same group often, you could create a Group in your address book.

steach
12-16-2007, 10:33 PM
I guess it can't be all good news? hehe
Oh well....hard way it is.

I was hoping.

jpezzella
12-17-2007, 06:43 AM
Is there a means of creating a signature for SMS messages ?

Thanks

penguin3107
12-17-2007, 06:44 AM
Is there a means of creating a signature for SMS messages ?

Thanks

One that automatically gets appended to an SMS message? No.
You could probably use AutoText to make a shortcut to some type of signature, but you'd still have to manually type that on each SMS message you send.

dtdt
12-17-2007, 02:57 PM
I use the hot key "C" for "Compose" which allows my to compose whichever format of message (i.e. SMS, email, phone call) I use most often, or perhaps that I most recently used, for each contact. For example, I have my wife as ICE 1 in my contacts, so from the home screen, I press "C" + "I" (ICE 1 is the first of my "I" contacts) and because I always SMS her as opposed to emailing her, I can instantly begin typing my text message. If the screen is asleep, I press "C" + "C" + "I", the first "C" to wake up the phone, then proceed with C + I. Dang, that was wordy!

As far as texting multiple recipients: yes, if you create a group in your contacts and send the message to that group. I use this to send a text to all the supervisors that I oversee. Because this group is set, this works for me. As for an easier way to select multiple recipients without having to select "Add Recipient" each time, no.

carmen
12-17-2007, 11:13 PM
You could probably use AutoText to make a shortcut to some type of signature, but you'd still have to manually type that on each SMS message you send. - provided by penguin

How do you do that?

And dtdt I tried the "c" thing and it goes to email only by default. Am I missing something where "default" is?

dtdt
12-18-2007, 02:57 AM
And dtdt I tried the "c" thing and it goes to email only by default. Am I missing something where "default" is?

I believe it uses the most recently used communication form for each contact. Try opening your address book, roll the selector-bar over the contact you want to SMS, click the menu key, and select "SMS Text _______". Then try the "C" thing and see if it works. On my 8830, there are certain contacts that I only email to, and ones I only SMS to, and every time I press "C" and select those contacts, it defaults to the respective message type (SMS for my text-contacts, and email for my e-mail only contacts). I hope this makes sense. Anyway, I'm pretty sure that's how it works, at least for me. Try it a bit and let me know the outcome.