PDA

View Full Version : Sprint 8830 dialing/keypad question

kenjancef
12-16-2007, 09:38 PM
I am looking to upgrade to the 8830, but have a question, and I hope I make sense here....

I currently have a Treo 650, and one of my clients has this PBX phone system with a recording saying "type the first name of the person you are trying to reach...". So with the Treo I can get to a keypad screen that shows me what letters are associated to each key (ex. "2" is ABC, "3" is DEF, etc.). Now at one time I used the Motorola Q, and when I need to associate keys/letters, I had NOTHING that showed me what they are.

So in the hopes of making sense here, if I am in a call, is there some screen I can switch to that tells me what letters are associated with dialing numbers??? I know the 8830 has no touch screen, but as long as I can visually see something....

Thanks in advance!!!

Ken

JSanders
12-16-2007, 09:40 PM
ken, hold down ALT and enter the letters you need entered.

The BB will be smart enough to convert them to the actual number tones you need. Same method if you are dialing a number like 1-800-FLOWERS. ALT + spell it out.

kenjancef
12-16-2007, 09:51 PM
ken, hold down ALT and enter the letters you need entered.

The BB will be smart enough to convert them to the actual number tones you need. Same method if you are dialing a number like 1-800-FLOWERS. ALT + spell it out.

Awesome!!! Thanks for the reply. Will order it tomorrow!!

Ken(y)

SheepDog
12-16-2007, 09:55 PM
Ken, who were you going to order from? Which telco I mean?

Verizon doesnt let you use the GPS the 8830 has freely.

Also it is all silver. bad keyboard backlight. The ATT and Sprint 8830 is black with a bright keyboard backlight. I dont know about the T-Mo

juwaack68
12-16-2007, 09:57 PM
TMo doesn't have an 8830, they have the 8800, though, which is very similar.

kenjancef
01-23-2008, 02:06 PM
Got the Sprint version, since that's the provider I have. So far, it ROCKS!!! I got my Redirector working and getting all of my emails. Now just need to get a few ringtones from one of my old phones and I will be good to go!

Ken