PDA

View Full Version : Email Notifications

mastdog
12-17-2007, 01:44 AM
Hello All

I have a few email questions, that I am sure as a newby to the darkside of Blackberry are common knowledge, but I cannot seem to find them out.

1. I have yahoo mail as a mail service, but when the mail comes in, there is no little red star above the yahoo mail to notify me that it is there, but there is one on the general messages icon. How can I get it to show me on the Yahoo Icon as well? It works on my local ISP that way, and on the Pearl it seemed to work ok, but only yahoo and only on the new 8830 I got.

2. I got my corporate email to come in to the phone for me, but is there a way to make it so it does not get the mail all the time? I would only like it when I ask it to go out and get it...

Like I said, I am sure these are easy questions for some of you who have lived the BB Life for a while any help would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS
Mastdog

John Clark
12-17-2007, 02:00 AM
1. Not sure why it won't show the star. Try resending the service books and then reboot the device by removing the battery and reinserting.

2. That's not how the BB device works. Email is pushed automatically to the BB, not polled by the device like a Windows Mobile device.

mastdog
12-17-2007, 02:14 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Resend the service books?