PDA

View Full Version : 'More' Function in emails

Fletchi18
12-17-2007, 09:37 AM
I did a search for message sizes and found something that is the beginning of answer, but there were some unanswered questions in those threads I found and I'd like to know if some of them are possible.

One post was about someone wanting to read their emails on the subway and asked if the entire email could be d/l to the device. The respondant said no, but then the OP asked if there was a way to increase the cache size from 2k to 4 or 8 or whatever? So, is it possible to change this default initial message size or the size of the data the device pulls down at any one time?

I have a user who is telling me that it can be done. I've said I know of nowhere to change this, but then again, the BES server application is far more powerful (and complicated!!) than I had originally thought.

Thanks again for your help in advance. This user is being quite pleasant about this (the *HUGE* amount of sarcasm contained in that comment could never be accurately reflected in words...).

x14
12-17-2007, 12:49 PM
It can't be done. The BES only sends 2K at a time. The "Auto More" option may make it appears as if the entire message is on the BlackBerry.

Fletchi18
12-17-2007, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the info!!