PDA

View Full Version : 8830 Issues. Please help!

NDReece
12-17-2007, 09:51 AM
I am having a couple of issues with my 8830.

1) The battery seems to be very weak. Maybe this is normal, but I cannot leave it unplugged overnight without waking up to it being nearly dead. Is there something that I can do to remedy this or do I need to buy a new battery. I have only had the phone for 4 months.

2) Whenever I am drafting an email the device decides to send the email before I am done. I don't hit 'send' or anything like that.

Thanks in advance for your help.

koleary19067
12-17-2007, 09:55 AM
I am having a couple of issues with my 8830.

1) The battery seems to be very weak. Maybe this is normal, but I cannot leave it unplugged overnight without waking up to it being nearly dead. Is there something that I can do to remedy this or do I need to buy a new battery. I have only had the phone for 4 months.

2) Whenever I am drafting an email the device decides to send the email before I am done. I don't hit 'send' or anything like that.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1. Do you have any programs installed that update alot. Do you live in an area where the signal is weak. Both of these plus other conditions can cause the battery to drain quick.

2. I don't know about this. This problem is weird.

JSanders
12-17-2007, 10:15 AM
NDreece, welcome to the BB Forums.

1- Read this FAQ for some insight and assistance.
Maximum Battery Life - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Maximum_Battery_Life)

2- Don't know. It won't send without a command.

NDReece
12-17-2007, 12:26 PM
I just realized that the problem is that when I hit the backspace/delete button it brings up the 'Send' option. If I hit the backspace button again it sends the email.

mastdog
12-17-2007, 12:32 PM
I was going to say I had a similar problem with that because the keys are on the right and coming from the Palm Treo, it was a differnt key stroke combination.

I also did the battery item that JS said to follow, if you do that I feel sure you will have a great increase in power and life of the battery.

I just like the fact that I can charge it with the USB while at my desk, that is so very nice when you are on Jivetalk all day :smile:

JRSCCivic98
12-17-2007, 01:05 PM
I just realized that the problem is that when I hit the backspace/delete button it brings up the 'Send' option. If I hit the backspace button again it sends the email.

You're hitting the wrong key. Don't hit "Back" (they key to the right of the Pearl). Hit Del on the keyboard to delete a mistake. If you hit "Back" the default dialog popup is the Send options. If you then hit Space it's he same as clicking on the Pearl to confirm the default choice or hitting Enter.

NDReece
12-17-2007, 01:12 PM
I actually am hitting the 'delete' button, not the 'back' button.

Ra1Lz
06-01-2008, 06:08 PM
I am having the same problem on my 8830 has anybody found a fix for this yet? Whenever I hit the 'delete' key on the keyboard it while typing a message or doing anything it sends the same command as if i was pressing the track ball in.