PDA

View Full Version : What are the two gold things on my 8830?

walbern1
12-17-2007, 11:24 AM
Right below the voice dial button on the left side of my 8830 there are two gold d-shaped somethings. What the heck are they?

JSanders
12-17-2007, 11:39 AM
Those would be charge connectors were you to purchase certain desktop/cradle units.

That voice dial button on the left side is actually a customizable convenience key for almost any function you want to configure it to open on your BB.

walbern1
12-17-2007, 11:40 AM
Thanks, it doesn't show anything in the BB documentation.

mastdog
12-17-2007, 12:23 PM
I knew the Sith Master Joe would know..I was wondering the same thing but since I have asked so many dumb questions here since Friday I just let it be and thought maybe that is where the Aliens would come down and make my GPS work through those ports!!

I have the side key set up to go to profiles, rather than launch voice dial every time I hit it, which is every time I pick the phone up...

dtdt
12-17-2007, 02:48 PM
On my device, they function as a Tazer. Comes in handy at the office!!! j/k

mschiano
12-17-2007, 02:53 PM
"That voice dial button on the left side is actually a customizable convenience key for almost any function you want to configure it to open on your BB."

i have that button disabled... too many times where i have accidently pressed it and was incredibly annoyed by it :x

JSanders
12-17-2007, 02:56 PM
i have that button disabled... too many times where i have accidently pressed it and was incredibly annoyed by it :x

Ah, customization at it's highest!

dtdt
12-17-2007, 03:06 PM
I use my convenience key to "Manage Connections" (i.e. easy way to turn Bluetooth on and off).

mastdog
12-17-2007, 03:14 PM
I am thinking about turning it off, it is amazing to me that I hit it every single time I pick up the phone, and I have small girly hands in comparison to some guys.

I have it at profiles now, so I can easily change it to silent when in the stall in the mens room LOL but off is a good idea..

zachberry
12-17-2007, 04:56 PM
I use mine as a short cut to jive talk, also I got a non-oem charger off ebay that used those contectors and it generated a bit more heat then I was comfortable with...so did away with it...