PDA

View Full Version : Help on synchronizaton

Jeff H
12-17-2007, 12:23 PM
Sorry if this is a basic question, but I can no longer synchronize using my desktop software. I have tried rebooting the device and my laptop, but keep getting the error message "unable to complete request" after going through two screens.

Thank you in advance.

JSanders
12-17-2007, 12:44 PM
Have you rebooted the BB by pulling the battery while powered ON, replace battery to reboot?

Jeff H
12-17-2007, 01:26 PM
Yes, several times

Jeff H
12-17-2007, 01:27 PM
Yes, several times.

Jeff H
12-17-2007, 01:28 PM
Even reinstalled the desktop software

Andi
12-17-2007, 01:33 PM
If the device is detected by windows and shows it is connected it sounds like maybe something in your data is not compatabile with the blackberry. Do you use wired sync for Calendar, Contacts, Notes and Tasks? Try turning the sync to all but one "off" and re-add each until you get the error. If it is contacts it could be an entry with nothing in one of the first, last or company name fields. Could be something corrupt in a recent entry to any PIM area...

Stijn
12-28-2007, 08:59 AM
If the device is detected by windows and shows it is connected it sounds like maybe something in your data is not compatabile with the blackberry. Do you use wired sync for Calendar, Contacts, Notes and Tasks? Try turning the sync to all but one "off" and re-add each until you get the error. If it is contacts it could be an entry with nothing in one of the first, last or company name fields. Could be something corrupt in a recent entry to any PIM area...

I have the same problem - thanks to your suggestion, I pinned it down to the Calendar. Rather than looking at individual entries, is it possible to erase the entire calendar on my BB and to reload it from Outlook ?