PDA

View Full Version : 8830 Call Log Question

Zocchi21
12-17-2007, 02:10 PM
Hey Everyone-

I have a Verizon 8830, new BB user. Currently I have my Phone List View set to "Call Log", but whenever somebody calls, it erases their previous entry in that list. I wasn't sure if everyone would get what I was saying, so I just attached this pic I found from Google image search. See where it says Natara a couple times in a row? That's how I want mine. If somebody calls three times in a row, I want it to show all three calls, not just the most recent time they called me or I called them. Any idea how I can do this or if it's even possible?

Thatzmister2u
12-17-2007, 02:41 PM
Hey Everyone-

I have a Verizon 8830, new BB user. Currently I have my Phone List View set to "Call Log", but whenever somebody calls, it erases their previous entry in that list. I wasn't sure if everyone would get what I was saying, so I just attached this pic I found from Google image search. See where it says Natara a couple times in a row? That's how I want mine. If somebody calls three times in a row, I want it to show all three calls, not just the most recent time they called me or I called them. Any idea how I can do this or if it's even possible?

It doesn't erase them it just stores them differently. If you select the entry for Natara and click menu>View you will see she called three times. An alternative if you have to see it this way is go into the message folder and type ALT + P. This will list them all individually.

E-

Zocchi21
12-17-2007, 03:04 PM
The Alt-P method is ideally the way I want my Phone List View to look. Is there no way to have it look like that, where it details all calls made, received, and missed, without using the Alt-P or going into View History? Basically I want it to look like the Alt-P screen when I first click into Call Log.

carmen
12-17-2007, 10:59 PM
I am having some problems with call logging as well. In my "message view" it will show all the calls individually but in the "call log" it will only show the most recent call. When I was at the VZ that was one of my major quesions because the call log was so short. They showed me a "call history" from the contact screen and that VZ guy had 180 something calls logged there from that particular person but I can't find that option on my phone. I did have a trial of the Pearl first and didn't like it so when I went 8830 I was missing applications (ie browser global) which was fixed by tech guy. Is the call history a feature that may have been lost in the exchange of BB's? Or is there somewhere else to find a long term (individual) log for the calls?