PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded my Blackberry

kciolek
12-17-2007, 04:13 PM
I just received my new BB 8830 (Sprint) snd eill be replacing my 8703e, I am using BES so if I backup my 8703 on the Desktop Manager, can I restore to the new one and have all my email and settings or do I need to contact my IT department and create another account

penguin3107
12-17-2007, 04:27 PM
You need to contact your IT department to get a new Enterprise Activation password.
Then, you just need to Enterprise Activate the new 8830, and all of your settings and data will populate on the new device. You don't need to manually backup your 8703e, but it couldn't hurt to do so.

Note: Past email message will populate on the new device based on the message pre-population settings on your company BES. By default, this is 5 days, or 200 messages... whichever is reached first. The maximum setting would be 14 days, 750 messages.

John Clark
12-17-2007, 10:42 PM
I usually backup the old device then restore just messages and content store and then let the EA do the rest (then all messages are kept.) Sometimes I'll even restore the big databases like address book and calendar if they're heavily used. Seems like the EA goes a little faster when I do that but it isn't necessary.