PDA

View Full Version : New Blackberry

mdetardo
12-17-2007, 04:28 PM
Okay after my first 8700c met it's fate in the parking lot of a Wal-Mart, I tried in vain to bring it back to life.

I got a replacement one today.

Where do I find the 4.2 OS Upgrade, and how do I install that on my 8700c. Thanks!

penguin3107
12-17-2007, 04:30 PM
http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8700-series-discussion/101037-latest-os-8700-4-2-1-180-4-2-1-108-tmobile-europe.html

mdetardo
12-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Awesome...update worked great.

The only other problem I have is that there are a few folders on here from the previous user of the Blackberry and I'm just wondering how I can delete them, as they show up as one of the first few icons.. they are named "family email", "work email", "jane email"...

Any suggestions?

Thatzmister2u
12-17-2007, 05:45 PM
Awesome...update worked great.

The only other problem I have is that there are a few folders on here from the previous user of the Blackberry and I'm just wondering how I can delete them, as they show up as one of the first few icons.. they are named "family email", "work email", "jane email"...

Any suggestions?

Menu>options>Advanced Options>Service Books

Delete the ones Workemail{xxxx}, Janemail{xxxx}

battery pull and you should be good to go!

mdetardo
12-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Thanks for all the help..

One last question..

I never figured out a way how to do it for my first Blackberry, but I'm sure if there is a way someone here knows it..

Basically, is there a way to assign a specific ringtone to a specific person, so that I don't have to hear the same ringtone for everyone??

Thanks again!!

plchan
12-18-2007, 03:17 AM
Thanks for all the help..

One last question..

I never figured out a way how to do it for my first Blackberry, but I'm sure if there is a way someone here knows it..

Basically, is there a way to assign a specific ringtone to a specific person, so that I don't have to hear the same ringtone for everyone??

Thanks again!!

Address book --> highlight the contact you want to modify --> Add Custom Phone Tune.

mdetardo
12-20-2007, 05:30 PM
Nevermind I found it... I have been accessing my contacts from SIM Phone Book, not Address...Not sure how to import that though..