PDA

View Full Version : US Carriers in Canada

zincoxide
12-17-2007, 09:54 PM
I was wondering if anyone can tell me if they have signed up to any US carriers (in Canada) with their blackberries.

I'm thinking of doing it to get the unlimited blackberry plans, however, I don't know if the roaming charges will kill me.

Any thoughts?

(GSM)

holden
12-17-2007, 10:02 PM
I was wondering if anyone can tell me if they have signed up to any US carriers (in Canada) with their blackberries.

I'm thinking of doing it to get the unlimited blackberry plans, however, I don't know if the roaming charges will kill me.

Any thoughts?

(GSM)

I know Sprint and VZ already have a presence there since I send some managers near Calgary with a VZ and Sprint pcmcia cards. And their BB's work. I don't know what the charges are though.... There are maps on each of these carrier sites that show the coverage in the various areas...

H.

zincoxide
12-18-2007, 09:46 AM
Thanks, although, I would prefer a carrier that uses sim cards.

shona67
12-18-2007, 06:15 PM

Any thoughts?

(GSM)

Check this link for US carriers' roaming partners.

GSM Roaming - Canada (http://www.gsmworld.com/roaming/gsminfo/cou_ca.shtml)

bacid
12-18-2007, 09:26 PM
at my work all the USA-based employees have sprint 8830's which can also be used in canada free of charge.

they are on a voice plan which allows up to 50% of the mins to be used in canada without any additional charges.

for an additional monthly cost we also have unlimited blackberry data around the world.

this package is so good that some of our frequent traveller canadian employees have this and we simply setup a local number which forwards to the USA number.