PDA

View Full Version : VPN Software for 8800

djmcobra
12-18-2007, 10:02 AM
Hi all, I have been looking everywhere for a VPN software.

Does anybody know of any software of that sort available for the 8800?

Thanks in advance.

d_fisher
12-18-2007, 10:33 AM
There is no VPN software for the BlackBerry that I am aware of. For the most part it is not needed. A BES connected BlackBerry has a direct connection inside the corporate firewall already, no VPN needed. If your using the BlackBerry to tether your laptop you use the VPN client on the PC.

What exactly are you wanting to do?

djmcobra
12-18-2007, 11:09 AM
I am currently on BES, although I can't SSH/TELNET to servers located in our datacenter, nor can I access servers within our local network. Not sure why!

I am currently using MidpSSH and when trying to connect to a server I get the error message: Session Error - Newtork is unreachable: connect.

My wife has a Curve and I did notice VPN option in the Wifi settings tab. Just thought this would be available for the 8800, as well. :?

Thanks again.

mckinneycm
01-14-2008, 12:23 AM
It's not available for the 8800 because there is no WiFi. It works with the 8820 though.

acoustix
01-14-2008, 12:07 PM
I run BES and use MidpSSH to access all of my routers and switches within my network.

Nick

middlj
01-14-2008, 02:48 PM
I am currently on BES, although I can't SSH/TELNET to servers located in our datacenter, nor can I access servers within our local network. Not sure why!

I am currently using MidpSSH and when trying to connect to a server I get the error message: Session Error - Newtork is unreachable: connect.

My wife has a Curve and I did notice VPN option in the Wifi settings tab. Just thought this would be available for the 8800, as well. :?

Thanks again.

Cobra,
If you have access to the BES server itself, can you doublecheck that you can reach your internal network from the BES console? It may be that your BES is in a DMZ or VLAN that doesn't allow SSH or telnet access back into your datacenter or LAN.