PDA

View Full Version : can't get past company webmail login screen

meers
12-18-2007, 02:33 PM
Hi all..i am a newbie using BB 8830. So please bear with me, if my question is really stupid. I installed opera mini on my BB. However, when i try to open my company email thru internet on BB browser, i get a blank screen..i can't even see username/pwd space. I cleared the cache, but still the same issue. So i installed opera mini..which does let me access the webmail site and loging and all. But for emails w/ attachment, when i click "view" attachment (only pdf so far) the opera mini kicks it to the BB browser where i don't see the attachment at all. It says "Attachment:2"..but thats it. i can't click on it or anything. I also downloaded beamberry, but when i click on menu, it wont give me an option to "open with beamberry". I don't get these problems. Can anyone please help me? i really love my BB and am trying to figure out how things work. am i missing something here???

thank you all in advance!!

JSanders
12-18-2007, 03:43 PM
meers, why don't you have your email pushed to the BB?

Beamberry doesn't work the way you are trying.

meers
12-18-2007, 04:29 PM
jsanders..i can't push the email to BB as my company won't allow it...they say b'cuz of security reasons.

so beamberry will not work with opera mini browser? it just works if the email is pushed? the problem w/ BB browser is that it won't even let me save the atatchment...so that i could view that way. the BB browser does not recognize the attachments at all. I did look into the apps and i do have the BB attachment viewer app on my BB. so i can't figure out whats wrong. :-(

i need y'all gurus advice..!!

JSanders
12-18-2007, 04:32 PM
I believe BeamBerry works with email only. You can access it from a browser, but I don't think you can save a browser email to BeamBerry.

Can you forward your corporate email to another email which will push to the BB? like a gmail account?

Thatzmister2u
12-18-2007, 04:39 PM
jsanders..i can't push the email to BB as my company won't allow it...they say b'cuz of security reasons.

so beamberry will not work with opera mini browser? it just works if the email is pushed? the problem w/ BB browser is that it won't even let me save the atatchment...so that i could view that way. the BB browser does not recognize the attachments at all. I did look into the apps and i do have the BB attachment viewer app on my BB. so i can't figure out whats wrong. :-(

i need y'all gurus advice..!!

Just curious....can you access your email via the Web when you are at home? You should be able to set-up BIS if they use OWA.

meers
12-18-2007, 04:43 PM
nope..can't do that either :( .. the good news is we'll be going to MS outlook from groupwise in a few months and then it shudn't be a problem.

what i don't understand is that from opera mini i can open any attachment..just no pdf..i guess its something to do with BB?

meers
12-18-2007, 04:45 PM
Just curious....can you access your email via the Web when you are at home? You should be able to set-up BIS if they use OWA.

yes..ic an access email at home thru web. i tried to set up BIS .. but it didn't work. kept giving me an error taht "email address couldnt be lcoated" or somethign to the effect. I talked to IT people and they said they won't allow push.

Thatzmister2u
12-18-2007, 04:48 PM
nope..can't do that either :( .. the good news is we'll be going to MS outlook from groupwise in a few months and then it shudn't be a problem.

what i don't understand is that from opera mini i can open any attachment..just no pdf..i guess its something to do with BB?

I understand your issue. Whenever I tried to open or download something from Opera it wants to use the BB Browser to do it. I am thinking it may be a security setting but where I don't know.

JSanders
12-18-2007, 04:49 PM
I thought the Opera Mini browser, one could not download anything, it is inherent to OM itself.

meers
12-18-2007, 04:55 PM
well..when i open the my work webmail on opera mini browser .. it shows up exactly as it would on a computer. when i do open an email w/ attachment,it gives me two options "view or "save as". when i hit view for word docs, it opens up just fine..but for pdf, it kicks it off to BB browser...and then nothing.

but i do love my BB 8830 :)

Thatzmister2u
12-18-2007, 04:56 PM
I thought the Opera Mini browser, one could not download anything, it is inherent to OM itself.

I am not sure but everytime I have tried to open or download something in Opera it automatically pops open the BB Browser to do the job.

meers
12-18-2007, 05:13 PM
ok..i just tried opening a .doc, .xls, .jpeg on my BB and they opened up just fine. i guess its just something to do with pdf..and thats a shame cuz most of my attachments are pdf..:-(

meers
12-19-2007, 10:11 AM
Anybody know why I cna't see attachments on BB browser? Any help would really be appreciated.