PDA

View Full Version : Sprint 8830 WE (Noob Email IMAP Questions)

hoobastank68
12-19-2007, 12:25 AM
Hi

I'm a new BB user and I've always used Windows Mobile or TREO Palm for IMAP Email, but now in Blackberry everything is setup properly but i have few issues:

1) How do I get BB to check IMAP for email every 5 minutes? Seems like there is a long delay, while I had my Palm Treo or WM5 it was every 3-5min and had no issues gett emails on time. (For example if I restart my BB it gets email right away, but if I leave it on the email isnt downloaded for a while)

2) How do I setup my BB 8830 so if I send out email through IMAP Account, the email is also put into my "SENT FOLDER" in my IMAP Account so when I get back on my desktop I see the email in "SENT FOLDER" via Outlook of the imap account?

3) Same as above but this time if I delete email, it gets moved to "TRASH FOLDER" in my IMAP and I see it when I logon my desktop. But instead right now it just deletes the email from SERVER Completely or leaves copy of email in INBOX when I check IMAP from desktop.

4) There is 1 main MESSAGES ICON then 1 ICON for Email, and I had it seperate ICON for SM Messages. How do I SETUP the Messages ICON so it only displays notifications of CALL LOGS and not display notifications of EMAILS? As thats already in EMAIL Icon.

I really hope these 4 issues can be resolved.
Thanks! :bb:

JSanders
12-19-2007, 12:53 AM
1- If you are not on BES, the push is every 15 mins. If you have mail, it will poll again in 2 mins, or revert back to the 15 mins cycle.

4- The main message folder will get all mail. You can separate the SMS out to their own folder as you know. You cannot remove email from the main message folder.

Good luck, and welcome to the Forums!

hoobastank68
12-19-2007, 01:08 AM
Thanks.

Regarding #2 and #3, I've found LogicMail for BlackBerry - Trac (http://www.logicprobe.org/proj/logicmail) which works just like what I need but it doesn't allow deleting email in IMAP and it is also very unpolished and very buggy...

Can someone please answer #2 + #3 to help me customize it to my needs as close as possible.

Cheers
1- If you are not on BES, the push is every 15 mins. If you have mail, it will poll again in 2 mins, or revert back to the 15 mins cycle.

4- The main message folder will get all mail. You can separate the SMS out to their own folder as you know. You cannot remove email from the main message folder.

Good luck, and welcome to the Forums!