PDA

View Full Version : Help Before Boss Gets More Mad! 8700c

TRIDENT
12-19-2007, 10:01 AM
my boss has been trying to email a friend from his blackberry recently and the friend hasn't been recieving emails. For the past year he's had no problems with it then for the past month or so, the friend has stopped recieving emails from my bosses blackberry. The friend is using comcast as his email. Could this be a comcast problem or a blackberry problem. If someone knows please help:? the boss is blaming everyone! Thanks everyone!

penguin3107
12-19-2007, 10:03 AM
It's nearly impossible to help you, given the lack of information provided.

What happens? Does the boss get any delivery failures? Can he send to other people from the BlackBerry? Can he send to the friend using his desktop email software? What steps have you taken to troubleshoot this?

It literally could be anything. We need more info.

JSanders
12-19-2007, 10:04 AM
Does the boss's email on his BB show a checkmark next to the SENT email? It has sent from the BB, if so.

If a red X, it is not sent.

On the friend's comcast account, he might have loaded a spam filter, or something, who knows. His friend will have to answer that question.

And welcome to the Forum. Tell your boss that is he can help you discern and trouble shoot the issue as Penguin mentioned above, you will find no better help anywhere than here.

TRIDENT
12-19-2007, 10:10 AM
My boss has no problems with other people recieving emails from him. His friend has no problems recieving emails from other people. My boss gets all his emails. Its just this one friend that hasn't recieved anything at all this past month or so. I've looked up info on internet, but no one has had this problem that i can tell.

TRIDENT
12-19-2007, 10:18 AM
i'm dealing with a boss that is otherwise useless when it comes to technology. So now i'm being told that his friend does recieve emails, but when he goes to open them he gets a blank screen. Don't you love it when you get partial information from the guy that signs you checks!!!errr!!! So maybe this is a comcast problem. I'm going to call comcast and check. thanks again tho. if you have any ideas let me know.

Dubdub
12-19-2007, 10:21 AM
i'm dealing with a boss that is otherwise useless when it comes to technology. So now i'm being told that his friend does recieve emails, but when he goes to open them he gets a blank screen. Don't you love it when you get partial information from the guy that signs you checks!!!errr!!! So maybe this is a comcast problem. I'm going to call comcast and check. thanks again tho. if you have any ideas let me know.

You really need to talk to the friend to find out what is going on.

Murfunit
12-19-2007, 10:29 AM
What is the friend receiving the emails on? A BB? Another PDA? Computer? Webmail?

How is your boss sending the emails? I know he sends them on the BB but has he possibly tripped some sort of encoding that's incompatible with his friends mail client? Is your boss using any kind of a 3rd party mail app, other than the built in BB mail client, that may have some settings he doesn't realize he triggered?

Some people should not be allowed to own technology :P

TRIDENT
12-19-2007, 11:01 AM
Thanks Everyone For The Info, But I Went To Comcast Forums And This Seems To Be A Thing Happening Alot Lately, It Looks As Tho Comcast Has Setup Some Type Of Security Measure. No One Knows Exactly Why But There Looking Into It. When Comcast Customers Have There Email Sent To Microsoft Outlook Or Other Email Programs, They Can Read Them, But Not In Comcast's Webmail. This Seems To Be Happening Alot With Blackberrys And Other Sites Such A Myspace. If I Here Anything I'll Let Ya Know. Thanks For The Ideas Tho!!!

penguin3107
12-19-2007, 11:05 AM
Do you realize you capitalized the first letter of every word in that post? ;-)

JSanders
12-19-2007, 11:08 AM
But only two capitalizations in the prior post... he was making up for it.

penguin3107
12-19-2007, 11:18 AM
two

Four, but who's counting? :-)

Mike_P_Oregon
12-19-2007, 04:59 PM
We have a guy who's wife cannot read his Blackberry emails through her Comcast browser. We tested with another user's Comcast home account and two different messages from two different BES servers (I called a buddy at another company) and in no case could we read the messages through the Comcast browser.

We just get a blank screen.

ManiacDan
12-19-2007, 05:35 PM
Mike, see Trident's overly-capitalized previous post, he says that it's a Comcast-specific problem and Comcast is working on it. You should call Comcast and complain.

-Dan

Dubdub
12-19-2007, 06:26 PM
Strange, because I have never seen that using my comcast account.

grinella
12-19-2007, 07:00 PM
we had the same problem, and I did a bunch of testing with one of my users. When he was using IE6, we could reproduce the problem. When he tried it on IE7, everything was working fine.

I'd suggest that you have your boss's friend upgrade to IE7.

ManiacDan
12-20-2007, 04:47 PM
IE7 is only supported on windows XP and higher, some businesses and homes (including mine) are still on win2k. Maybe the boss's friend could upgrade to firefox?

-Dan

Mike_P_Oregon
12-28-2007, 02:41 PM
Though it fixed the issue with our two test users, the upgrade to IE 7 did not fix the problem account we were actually aiming at.

It does seem to be a Comcast only problem but I don't understand what it would be in a plain text Blackberry message that would throw off Comcast's reader.

We opened two trouble tickets with Comcast more than a week ago and there's been no activity on those tickets yet.

ManiacDan
12-28-2007, 03:05 PM
Blackberry messages specifically mention the BlackBerry brand name, the Carrier brand name, and sometimes a URL. The sentence structure is also a little mangled, maybe that's what tripping up their scripts.

"Sent by BlackBerry (Research In Motion (http://www.rim.com)) via AT&T (http://www.att.com)"

Is similarly structured to many nonsense spam emails.

-Dan