PDA

View Full Version : Will T-Mobile Ever Have the 8820?

RJStripes
12-19-2007, 10:17 AM
I have held out switching to T-Mobile in hopes they would receive the 8820. I really want Wi-Fi and GPS. I hate AT&T/Cingular/Whoever else they bought. (BAD experience in the past).

I want to be able to have a T-Mobile branded phone that can utilize the myfaves option because I have morning conference calls that last about 45 minutes each day that I would like to be able to listen to without killing my minutes.

Anyhow... I know there was talk a while back but havent seen anything in quite some time.

Thanks for ther info.

jeremyckitching
12-19-2007, 10:37 AM
It doesn't look like it will. I believe you can have an 8820 unlocked so that it will work with T-Mobile, and then have your T-Mobile SIM card provisioned with the myFavs option. If I am incorrect someone will correct me.

ezrunner
12-19-2007, 11:06 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I believe you are correct

jeremyckitching
02-05-2008, 06:47 PM
I just saw the 8820 added to this phone list, which I guess has been pretty accurate in the past:

What's coming to T-mobile - CellPhoneSignal - Cell Phone Forum (http://www.cellphonesignal.com/t-mobile-phones-accessories/1607-what-s-coming-t-mobile.html)

Looks like possibly March or April of this year.

Soapm
02-05-2008, 10:00 PM
You can use MyFavs with any phone. You just have to set the numbers in the website if your phone is not MyFav capable... I don't know if you can use MyFav to a conference bridge but it'd be worth a try. There is a caveat about calling a number that connects to multiple people...

Sith_Apprentice
02-05-2008, 10:01 PM
I have held out switching to T-Mobile in hopes they would receive the 8820. I really want Wi-Fi and GPS. I hate AT&T/Cingular/Whoever else they bought. (BAD experience in the past).

I want to be able to have a T-Mobile branded phone that can utilize the myfaves option because I have morning conference calls that last about 45 minutes each day that I would like to be able to listen to without killing my minutes.

Anyhow... I know there was talk a while back but havent seen anything in quite some time.

Thanks for ther info.

keep in mind the differing coverage area between Sprint/Verizon, Att, and Tmo. Tmo has the smallest coverage of the big 4.

Soapm
02-05-2008, 10:03 PM
I wished I had of held out for a 8820. I don't see me using this camera but who knows, I may see a pig flying and want to get a picture to proove it.

Soapm
02-05-2008, 10:04 PM
keep in mind the differing coverage area between Sprint/Verizon, Att, and Tmo. Tmo has the smallest coverage of the big 4.

I think this only matters if you are outside of metro areas a lot. If you are always in a major city then I don't think you'll see any difference.

Sith_Apprentice
02-05-2008, 10:15 PM
I think this only matters if you are outside of metro areas a lot. If you are always in a major city then I don't think you'll see any difference.

very true. well, every carrier has holes in coverage, but Tmobiles coverage is mostly limited to major cities and highways

teg94
02-09-2008, 03:32 PM
If the 8820 comes to tmo does anybody forsee it being part of the Hotspot@<hidden> deal so I can use UMA?

teg94
02-09-2008, 03:34 PM
Okay nevermind, I clicked on the above link... and read for myself... teach me to post before clicking... sheesh...

ULTRON
02-10-2008, 07:51 PM
I bought an 8820 locked to ATT. I unlocked it myself, scrubbed off the annoying ATT logo, inserted my T-Mo SIM card, and am enjoying it!

ULTRON

Thanks for ther info.

joginder
02-10-2008, 08:44 PM
I was talking to tmo rep and said 8820 i coming in 1st week of mar

Dinan3
02-18-2008, 05:24 AM
I was talking to tmo rep and said 8820 i coming in 1st week of mar

I was on the phone with a t-mobile rep this morning about an upgrade and she said the same thing to me. I don't know how reliable her sources are, but 8820 for T-Mobile will be in the beginning of March is what I've been told. I think she said March 5. This will be HUGE for T-Mobile, IMO. WiFi, UMA capable, and GPS. Now if RIM would just put all of that in a black curve then we've got a super BB that I'd probably take on a second fulltime job to pay for :smile:

Soapm
02-18-2008, 10:03 AM
This will be HUGE for T-Mobile, IMO. WiFi, UMA capable, and GPS. Now if RIM would just put all of that in a black curve then we've got a super BB that I'd probably take on a second fulltime job to pay for :smile:

Don't forget bigger key board and sturdier design... (y)

My only dis-like with this curve is the tiny keys.