PDA

View Full Version : BlackBerry Enterprise Server Software and BlackBerry Web Client

dhwelsh
12-19-2007, 08:28 PM
I am a real novice with the blackberry... so don't know if this is impossible or very easy to tackle.

I have a Blackberry Enterprise Server set up to interface with my company email. Works Great. I added the Blackberry Web Client (AOL) and it works fine too. My problem is that my AOL mail goes to both the AOL in box (icon looks like a globe with an envelope and @<hidden> sign on it) and to my Messages (icon looks like a mail box) inbox. I do not want my AOL going to my BlackBerry Enterprise Server (Messages) in box. Personal combined with company.... recipe for trouble. How do I fix this? what am I doing wrong? THANKS!

penguin3107
12-19-2007, 08:36 PM
It's worked exactly as RIM designed it to work. You're not doing anything wrong.

See 1.3 here:
BES Users FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BES_Users_FAQ)

dhwelsh
12-20-2007, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the quick response. It is frustrating that all the email goes to the one Messages inbox and there is no work around.

A few more very basic questions....
Can one not use Email Filters as a work around?
What is BES? What is BIS?
What does the "Reconcile Now" funtion do?
Is "Desktop" the same as Messages Inbox?

Thanks for the help!

penguin3107
12-20-2007, 09:58 AM
there is no work around.
There is a work around. Please read section 1.3 in the link I provided above.
Empower BES Mailbox

Can one not use Email Filters as a work around?
Maybe, never tried it.

What is BES? What is BIS?
BES = BlackBerry Enterprise Server (Corporate Mail)
BIS = BlackBerry Internet Service (Personal Mail)

What does the "Reconcile Now" funtion do?
It forces reconciliation of your BES mail. Read/Unread marks are sync'd. Moves and deletions are sync'd.

Is "Desktop" the same as Messages Inbox?
Yes, basically.