PDA

View Full Version : BB Messenger/IT Policy

Go DAWGS!
12-20-2007, 02:25 PM
So I move companies, using the same BB hook up my new address yet now my BB Messenger is no longer working and I get the message "This application has been disabled by IT Policy." This is particularly frustrating because I backed up and now (I assume) have lost all the contacts I had loaded in.

Any idea on how to reactivate this? Its particularly frustrating because I have work, school and personal info in the phone so loosing a block of any of it is at a serious inconvenience.

Thanks!

penguin3107
12-20-2007, 02:30 PM
You can't use it.
If it's blocked by an IT policy, then there's nothing you can do.
Your new IT department is a bit stricter than your old one.

midwestguy2007
12-20-2007, 02:35 PM
I have an independent BES host for personal use, but I often wonder if yahoo mesenger uses BIS or BES. Does anyone know?

Go DAWGS!
12-20-2007, 04:21 PM
Although that irritates the crap out of me, thanks for the info. I have three other emails that feed into it and the company doesn't pay for my service so I am going to have to find a way to petition for that to be changed if I can't find a hacker to help...LOL

:)

John Clark
12-20-2007, 04:44 PM
There is no "hack" for it short of removing your BB from the BES that assigned the policy. Ask your BES Admin nicely would be the best bet, although they likely have the policy for a reason.

mellis2718
12-21-2007, 04:17 PM
My company screwed me too on that. Using my own BB, I connect to the BES and then my BB messenger doesn't work. I argued my case, but they would not relent. A**es!

John Clark
12-21-2007, 04:22 PM
And they have every right when your device connects to their network. It basically becomes their device. If you don't want them controlling your device then don't connect it to their network. They're not A**es, they're doing their job according to the policy put in place by your company.

Dawg
12-21-2007, 04:53 PM
Its is their BES they can do with it what they want you will be hard pressed to get them to change it. This is the exact reason you shouldnt put a personal BB on a company owned BES besides you also have no privacy now either.

NJBlackBerry
12-21-2007, 04:55 PM
Yep. Which is why we have a documented, published procedure that prohibits connected personally owned devices - any type - to the network. There is no Personal in PC.

tsac
12-23-2007, 05:09 PM
I would try to talk to the IT folks. They may not realize the limits using BB messenger. Some IM software allows file and other things to be moved into the computer they want to restrict. You can always go to the cost plan, tell them it will save some email storage. In my company the IT folks do not have BB's so they are not too happy when we need a restriction lifted. I pushed for Google Maps on a " save the cost of buying paper maps" routine and it was allowed.

Nothing to loose except some time