PDA

View Full Version : Gmail icon missing after trying to move it

zimbu1234
12-21-2007, 11:16 AM
A friend of mne has an ATT Curve, not sure if its 8300 or 8310. Anyway, i installed the Gmail mobile app, and she asked me to move the icon next to her messages icon. As I moved it up a folder (Must be a newer OS) it disappeared. However its in the applications list in Settings, and she can toggle to it. But if she ever Exits out of it, it may be gone forever.

I tried using Show All and going into every folder and I cannot find it.

Anyone have any idea on how I can find it or where it may be?

Thanks..

plchan
12-21-2007, 11:48 AM
A friend of mne has an ATT Curve, not sure if its 8300 or 8310. Anyway, i installed the Gmail mobile app, and she asked me to move the icon next to her messages icon. As I moved it up a folder (Must be a newer OS) it disappeared. However its in the applications list in Settings, and she can toggle to it. But if she ever Exits out of it, it may be gone forever.

I tried using Show All and going into every folder and I cannot find it.

Anyone have any idea on how I can find it or where it may be?

Thanks..

Did you accidentally hide the icon? Try to "Show all" icons and check again.

zimbu1234
12-21-2007, 12:01 PM
yeah i did the show all thing..i said that in my original post...

jeremyckitching
12-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Try changing the theme (temporarily) to one of the BlackBerry ones (maybe the Dimension ZEN) to see if you see it. If so, try deleting the application and reinstalling again.

cklein
12-21-2007, 01:42 PM
I am having the exact same problem. Spent two hours last night trying everything to find the icon or re-install gmail to no avail. Just now changed to "BB Dimension Icon" theme and was able to find the Gmail icon. Now to get it onto my preferred AT&T theme? Any luck for you?

cklein
12-21-2007, 01:46 PM
Hey...might have figured it out. Went into Options, Theme, AT&T Theme, Menu and reset Theme Defaults. The Gmail Icon now shows up again in my AT&T theme.

zimbu1234
12-21-2007, 06:33 PM
I actually tried the uninstall reinstall. I even did a reinstall over the current version. Neither worked. I don't have her blackberry anymore to try what cklein suggested. I sent her an email, I'll report back when she does...

Thanks.