PDA

View Full Version : soft delete key?

derby
12-22-2007, 01:28 PM
This is another one of those questions where I'm not certain there's a problem at all, but am looking for assurance. This is a minor thing.

All of my keys have a perceptibly firm click to them. The Delete key has less so. Sometimes I find that when I want to delete a letter in a message, I hit delete, and I have to press again with more directness. It's how I perceive it anyway. Might the key have a softer click, to prevent accidently deleting something?

I'm not even sure this annoys me yet, but it's something I've noticed. It's not mushy, but doesn't seem to have the same firmness of click when pressed.

SheepDog
12-22-2007, 07:29 PM
all of my keys have the same tactile clickiness to them. No difference from one to another.

greggebhardt
12-23-2007, 07:53 AM
Not much that can be done except to get the device replaced.

derby
12-23-2007, 12:05 PM
I showed the alleged situation to my wife and asked her to try it out. She said it seemed fine to her. Her feeling was that maybe the delete key wasn't quite as clicky, (ie loud and maybe slightly less firm) as the rest, but clicky none the less. I can always try one in the store again to compare. Already, I hate to part with this one.