PDA

View Full Version : 7100t losing GPRS while GPRS is full strength on other devices

neutral
06-28-2005, 02:36 PM
My 7100t keeps losing GPRS connectivity and reading 'GSM' only on the indicator.

The 7100t is in the same location I've had it for months, and it just started doing it. My other devices have perfect GSM and GPRS reception in these locations.

I tried to do a search, and didn't see anything, or didn't search the correct terms.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'll gladly take them. I'm going to call CS in a little bit and see if they have any ideas.

I did try to reset the device, didn't really do anything.

Also, if I remove the battery, or reset the radio, GPRS becomes available and active.

rsun
06-28-2005, 03:20 PM
Have you upgraded it to the latest firmware? What verison are you running?

neutral
06-28-2005, 06:04 PM
Yes, it has been updated to the latest firmware, 4.0.0.198

rsun
06-28-2005, 06:32 PM
I've never heard of any issues like this with the .198 code, one possibility is to go to the .219 code that Cingular gives out, but I would think that you can call TMobile and ask them to swap out your 7100t?

neutral
06-29-2005, 01:57 PM
I've never heard of any issues like this with the .198 code, one possibility is to go to the .219 code that Cingular gives out, but I would think that you can call TMobile and ask them to swap out your 7100t?
That's the plan (to have Tmobile swap it out), however, I haven't had time to call them. Hopefully one day this week I'll get around to it.

I might try cingular's .219, since that would only take a few minutes to try.

Just delete vendor.xml after installing the .219 release to my machine, then connect blackberry ?

rsun
06-29-2005, 03:01 PM
Yes, you are correct.

corey@12mile
06-29-2005, 03:05 PM
If I had to guess at this I would imagine that the TMo tower you are connecting to doesn't have any data sessions available on it. Each tower has antennas which have channels, which are basically radio time slices. If the tower doesn't have any dedicated data channels, and the voice channels are all full, you won't get GPRS, or if there are other devices using all the available data time slices you won't get GPRS as well.

Have TMo done any testing in the area to see if the channels on the antenna are congested? With Rogers up here, if you ever have any problems, you can call *GSM and leave a message detailing the problem and location and within a week they will have a radio truck driving around for a day metering the entire area to fix the problem.

cd.