PDA

View Full Version : Application Deletion & Crumbs

derby
12-25-2007, 10:10 PM
Having used a Palm, I had purchased an software utility designed to delete hidden bits and pieces of an application that would remained behind after deletion. Without monitoring from installation to deletion, your Palm might have stuff remaining, taking up memory, or conflicting with other applications.

• Does the Blackberry platform avoid this situation? If I try an application, and then delete it, is anything undesired left behind?

• Is there an advantage to buying an application written by a developer who has a certain Blackberry certification?

jeremyckitching
12-25-2007, 10:53 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8700g: BlackBerry8100/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I haven't heard anything about the BlackBerry platform leaving any left over portions of the application. I typically will restart the device after removing an application, or pull the battery every so often.

TroyDBrown
12-26-2007, 02:42 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

That is not needed. Have fun trying new software.

aiharkness
12-26-2007, 09:10 AM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Once or twice in my blackberry life I've had a module left after deleting the app. This was evident with the icon still showing. However, it was a simple matter to go into options and delete the stray module. Technically, I don't know there's much more than that.... Imagine buying a car and it comes with a big tool set to carry in the trunk. Perhaps that's the Palm? Though I don't know, as I used pocketpc in my B-BB days.

JSanders
12-26-2007, 09:31 AM
This application has been mentioned in the past. I have not tested nor used it.
Mobylo! SureWipe for BlackBerry - Mobylo! (http://www.mobylo.com/fullDesc.php?p=6)

As stated above, normally deleting the application, and then also deleting any remaining modules (also found under the applications screen) will delete all that is present.

derby
12-26-2007, 02:23 PM
That's what I wanted to hear. Simple install > simple delete.