PDA

View Full Version : seperating contacts

Dawg
06-28-2005, 05:24 PM
Is there away to seperate the contacts in outlook into two different catagories like work and home and still have the BB pick them up. I have them seperated on the handheld as work and personal but sure would be nice to do that on my PC as well.

jwaters
06-28-2005, 05:57 PM
If you open up a contact you should see a button called Categories. Click on it and it should open up to a list of categories, probably blank if you haven't made any. In the top box type the name of the category and click Add to List. This will create the category. Once they are created you can select one or multiple categories to put people into.

Hope that's what you were looking for.

Dawg
06-29-2005, 05:44 AM
thanks J but I have that done I have them seperated into personal and Business on the handheld what I was looking for was a way to seperate them on my pc and the handheld still sync up. I wantedto do this because I have so many conatcts for work that it kind of takes up alot the room on my outlook. So I have to search harder for a personal contact.

jwaters
06-29-2005, 07:00 AM
My categories from Outlook transferred over when I synced and put everyone in the categories I had placed them in on my BB. I have categories for LCA Employees, Hazmat Team, Personal and Vendors. I can search on either the BB or in Outlook based on those categories.

Dawg
06-29-2005, 07:48 AM
yes they are in seperate catagories no problem. I want them in a seperate contact base like two seperate folders one for business and one for personal. I hate looking at all my work stuff on my home pc on weekends.

mszvix
06-29-2005, 07:59 AM
It's possible to do this if you forego the Wireless synchronization (new with 4.0, pre 4.0 you should be fine) of your address books and use Intellisync within the Blackberry Desktop. It can be set to look at more than one location for address books to synchronize.

Dawg
07-10-2005, 07:29 AM
please tell me how to set this up I dont use wireless sync

takeshi
07-11-2005, 10:14 AM
In Desktop Manager, open the Intellisync applet. Click on the Configure PIM button. Click on Address Book to highlight and then click the Choose button. Click on the Browse button. Expand the appropriate mailbox for the Outlook Contacts folder you want to add in addition to the default Contacts and select it. You should see the default folder in bold and your second folder listed (not in bold).

Dawg
07-17-2005, 07:51 PM
cool so how do I get the handheld to send one group to personal and the other work any ideas?