PDA

View Full Version : going from enterprise server to push feature

former enterpriser
06-28-2005, 08:46 PM
Does anyone know how to do this?

NJBlackBerry
06-28-2005, 09:00 PM
I think we may need some more information. What is "push feature" and what, exactly, are you trying to do?

former enterpriser
06-29-2005, 02:09 PM
my wife was at company that had blackberry enterprise server and her blackberry was configured to work with this setup.

She left and is now at a company without blackberry enterprise server. she has verizonwireless. I want to set up it up so that outlook on her new computer (and email account) push incoming emails to blackberry. The problem is that her blackberry is still set up for the enterprise server. I need to change the configuration, but of course she lost all the documentation and software

I loaded ver. 4.0 desktop and it syncs fine, but not with email/outlook. there is no documentation on how to do this.

NJBlackBerry
06-29-2005, 02:25 PM
Is her Outlook e-mail coming from a POP-3 client? Is it Exchange? What e-mail system is she currently using?

DarkWater
06-29-2005, 02:44 PM
Intellisync will not sync with POP email if that is the case.

She will need a Web Client account to pull email from her POP account and deliver it to the handheld.

To disable the old BES information on the handheld just delete the Desktop service books from Options > Service books

rsun
06-29-2005, 03:02 PM
To make sure everything is gone, you can also go to Options --> Security --> Wipe Handheld, back it up first, and then you can do a selective restore at what you want ot keep.

former enterpriser
06-30-2005, 08:40 AM
it is a pop account. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try them tonight.

former enterpriser
06-30-2005, 08:43 AM
how do I get web client account?

DarkWater
07-01-2005, 12:19 PM
Call your carrier. Or.. who is it? We could probably provide the link for self provisioning