PDA

View Full Version : address book issue

bistrong
12-28-2007, 06:05 PM
I've transferred my addresses from my sim card to the phone but when i click on the address icon, i get a "no addresses listed page" i have to click the wheel and find the sim phone numbers, why doesn't it open directly.

Thanks for the help

ezrunner
12-28-2007, 06:09 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Sounds like all you did was open the sim phonebook rather than actually copy sim phonebook to the phone/BB

JSanders
12-28-2007, 06:16 PM
^^what EZ man said, OR

Open your address book, click to find FILTERS on the menu, and make sure no filters are clicked. If so, unclick, and voila, address book.

bistrong
12-28-2007, 06:53 PM
thank u

^^what EZ man said, OR

Open your address book, click to find FILTERS on the menu, and make sure no filters are clicked. If so, unclick, and voila, address book.

dr_roberts49
12-28-2007, 08:26 PM
I'm new to the Blackberry, but I've noticed that if you dig a bit deeper into the menus, you will find what your looking for. I had the same question about the phonebook yesterday. After I installed my new OS, the setup had an option to copy your SIM contacts. Did that, but they wouldn't show in the address book. Had to click the wheel on the SIM phonebook. I later found that once I get into my SIM phonebook, if I clicked the wheel again, while highlighting a contact's name, a drop menu would appear and one of the choices is to copy all to address book. That solved the problem for me. Just keep digging and reading the good advice that is given on this forum.