PDA

View Full Version : VZW 8703e OS Questions

TMGBankR
01-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Hello, this is my first post in a long-time (can't remember my ol username). I have been using the 8703e on Verizon for a little over a year and love it! I have had very few problems and it just seems to work. I am using SplashID, Splash Photo, Berry411, Google Maps, and the Vodaphone Today screen theme. Currently I am running OS v4.10.377 and evidently this is two firmware's behind. I have not added anything new in a long time, but it has been randomly resetting about 1-2 times per week.I am concerned about upgrading and losing some of my programs, the Vodaphone Today theme, battery life, and my current fairly stable functionality. Does the new OS 4.2 allow for HTML emails? What do you experts think, should I upgrade the OS or just use it as is and eventually get a new model (i.e 8830). Do you know if VZW might be getting a new blackberry model in the near future, I hear mixed reviews about the stability, durability, and keyboard on the 8830? Thanks and your input is greatly appreciated.

Dawg
01-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Hello, this is my first post in a long-time (can't remember my ol username). I have been using the 8703e on Verizon for a little over a year and love it! I have had very few problems and it just seems to work. I am using SplashID, Splash Photo, Berry411, Google Maps, and the Vodaphone Today screen theme. Currently I am running OS v4.10.377 and evidently this is two firmware's behind. I have not added anything new in a long time, but it has been randomly resetting about 1-2 times per week.I am concerned about upgrading and losing some of my programs, the Vodaphone Today theme, battery life, and my current fairly stable functionality. Does the new OS 4.2 allow for HTML emails? What do you experts think, should I upgrade the OS or just use it as is and eventually get a new model (i.e 8830). Do you know if VZW might be getting a new blackberry model in the near future, I hear mixed reviews about the stability, durability, and keyboard on the 8830? Thanks and your input is greatly appreciated.

You will still be able to use the programs you have installed. The resets you are experiencing may be due to memory over load.

The 4.2 doesnt enable html email.

I have had the upgrade since before it was publicly released and i love it I do not have any issues what so ever. It really seems to be hit or miss on whether you have issues or not. Only way to truly know is to just upgrade and see.

As far as new BBs for VZW who really knows they just released the pearl in the 4th Quarter.