PDA

View Full Version : help with 8800 questions.

Tritan
01-05-2008, 04:25 PM
I have been researching alot and finding some people are having memory leak issues with there berries. I am trying to decided between the 8830 and the 8130 and wonder if the 8130 is as slow as the infosync review states. Does anybody have an opinion on the speed of processors from the 8800 to the 8130 is the newest one (8130) supposed to be faster? What do you think about getting the micro sd card out is it a pain? I see alot of people dumping apps to savee space how does the internal ram work? Will adding a memory card help? i have only played with store demos at the verizon store no no 3rd party apps so I wish to know how much the 3rd party apps slow the device down? Also is anyone running iberry theme its looks nice but then again, I don't want it to slow the device down. With web page viewing is the pearl that much smaller due to the screen size? Does the 88830 have different color leds for different alerts?

video review beating up the pearl.(n)

JSanders
01-05-2008, 05:56 PM
Wirelessly posted (8800: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8310/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

ALL BlackBerry devices with an OS version 4.2+ have the memory leak to some extent.
Don't dear the leak. Deal with it, and you'll likely never face it. I have never lost data on three different BlackBerry all with OS 4.2.