PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth

smahserj
01-07-2008, 11:51 AM
I posted a message (http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8800-series-discussion/111053-seidio-headphone-adapter-bluetooth.html)earlier asking if i could use my bb8830 as an mp3 player while paired with my truck. I have been able to get this to work with the siedio adapter and the aux in on my truck stereo. I have a couple new questions...see below..

Ok. Bare with me while I explain my set up. I have a 2007 Tundra with the stereo upgrade that includes bluetooth and a aux input to the radio. I have succesfully paired and used by blackberry 8830 to make and recieve calls. I have recently purchased the 4GB microSD card for the blackberry and want to use it via the aux port on the jbl system to listen to mp3. I have found that the phone will sync up fine to bluetooth and I can get it to play music via the aux port. When a incoming call comes in the system operates as it should, in that the phone pauses the music and the bluetooth kicks in. I can answer the phone via the steering wheel controls and can hear the caller fine, but the caller can barely hear me. For the record, I am using the Siedio adapter to convert my 2.5mm audiojack on my blackberry to 3.5mm for the aux input (the one without the inline mic).

Now for my problem. The caller complains that i sound very, very faint when the blackberry is plugged into the aux port, and says that the sound goes back to normal when i unplug the blackberry.

I am pretty sure it has something to do with the blackberry thinking there is a headset with mic plugged into it...but not sure...

Anyone experience anything like this?? Are there any settings I can change to make this work?

slam
01-14-2008, 11:00 AM
bump...

anyone experience this ???

slam
01-14-2008, 12:09 PM
Looks like I can not be heard at all when I have something in the headset plug and connected via blue tooth... I think I need to get the seidio adapter with the built in mic...thoughts?