PDA

View Full Version : "Password Keeper" Application Question

NCherches
01-05-2008, 11:52 PM
I have forgotten the password for my Password Keeper. I am on attempt 7of10. I know after 10 it does something but does it simply erase all of the passwords in the Password Keeper program or will it Wipe my entire handheld?

Any other way to retrieve the password or anything like that? I have nothing stored in the password keeper but am affraid of wiping my entire handheld.

Thanks for any info!

:bb:

John Clark
01-05-2008, 11:53 PM
It will only wipe the password keeper database, not your entire handheld.

juwaack68
01-05-2008, 11:54 PM
It will not wipe your entire handheld if you put in the password keeper password wrong 10 times - just deletes all your passwords. You'll then be asked to set a new password for that application.

And welcome to the forums!

ezrunner
01-06-2008, 12:08 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Welcome to the forums

ubizmo
01-08-2008, 08:53 AM
While we're on the subject, I notice that there are a number of downloadable vault-type apps, which suggests that there's something they do that Password Keeper doesn't do. From what I've seen, they offer desktop access as well as device access. Is that the main thing, or is there some other important feature that I'm not thinking of?

theorangeman
01-08-2008, 09:01 AM
For the most part, the Password Keeper meets my needs although I wish it would do two things that it lacks:

1. Ability to create categories so that I can have my passwords better organized rather than just a huge list

2. I don't like the fixed categories and not being able to delete or add to them. I know that you can edit them (as I have), but I would like in some cases to just delete a couple. In other cases, I would like to be able to add a couple.

Having the ability to sync with my desktop (and access the passwords on my pc) would be nice, but that's not worth the extra $ for me unless the above mentioned items were also included at a reasonable price. Does such an application exist? I wouldn't be surprised if one did.

ubizmo
01-08-2008, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the clarification. I think I'd like to be able to access passwords from desktop or device, but since I'm still in the trial period and haven't decided whether or not to keep the BB, I'll hold off on buying any software. Ideally, I'd like a password app that syncs OTA to a web app, so I could access the passwords from any computer on the web.

DevinB
01-09-2008, 01:02 PM
Next time, make sure to put your password to your Password Keeper IN your Password Keeper, that way you'll always know where to find it when you need it.

ltj13
01-09-2008, 01:46 PM
Next time, make sure to put your password to your Password Keeper IN your Password Keeper, that way you'll always know where to find it when you need it.

I hope you arent serious... if not pretty funny... if you are well...

theorangeman
01-09-2008, 03:44 PM
I hope you arent serious... if not pretty funny... if you are well...

I was thinking the same thing! :smile:

DevinB
01-17-2008, 08:55 PM
A little late, but yes I was joking. :razz:

bklausman
01-22-2008, 05:35 PM
Does this password keeper only keep your passwords locally on the device or could a IT manager get to it through the Blackberry Enterprise Server?

John Clark
01-22-2008, 05:37 PM
They cannot get into the password info because it's encrypted but the data does get backed up/sync'd on the server.

bklausman
01-22-2008, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the response, but I'm not sure I'm following. If the data is backed up/sync'd don't they have a way to view that data? When you say encrypted, you mean password protected?