PDA

View Full Version : Earthlink Duplicate Messages

jprg
01-06-2008, 03:32 PM
I have a Blackberry World Edition with Verizon as the carrier. My problem is that I have an email account with Earthlink and as far as I can tell the only way to get emails sent to my handheld is to forward to it. The problem is that I wind up getting TWO COPIES of every email. One is adressed to my BB (forwarded there by the Earthlink server) and one is the earthlink address which I added on the Verizon BB client site. If i delete the earthlink address on the BB address site -- and thus in theory just getting all messages forwarded that are my earthlink address -- I get NO MESSAGES at all. Can anyone help with this because Earthlink support has not a clue.

Thanks.

Berry One
01-06-2008, 04:13 PM
You should not have bothered with forwarding in the first place, if you can add earthlink address to Verizon BB site it should work. If you added email address successfully but it does not work- you should escalate to Verizon, not Eartlink.

To avoid confusing customer support with strange convoluted configurations here is what you should do:

A) Remove forwarding from Earthlink server.
B) Remove earthlink address from Verizon BB site.

give it 5-10 minutes, then...

C) Add earthlink address to Verizon BB site.
D) Push service books from Verizon BB site.

Send yourself email to earthlink address. Send one more 5-10 minutes later. Give it 30 minutes.

No emails arrived? Escalate to Verizon (not EarthLink!) and do not, I repeat, do not tell them anything about your previous attempts with forwarding.

Clearly state that you just have added eartlink email address to your BB site but unable to receive emails to it. That will make an issue simple and resolvable.

BroadSword
01-08-2008, 06:46 PM
Along the lines of duplicate emails, it seems that whenever I send something from by BB the receiving person is getting two copies. In this case it's happening with my home account. I still can't seem to locate my blackberry.net address so I don't know if that is having the same issue.

nightl0rd
02-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Marcus - I had the same problem as you, and then I figured out the solution. On the verizon blackberry internet service, you need to enter pop.earthlink.net as the earthlink mail server. Fifty bucks says you were using mail.earthlink.net, which will cause duplicate messages every 10 minutes or so.

Cheers

johnling
02-01-2008, 03:35 PM
Earthlink pushes fine for me on TMO.