PDA

View Full Version : 8830 Constant Reboots - Radio Issue?

wcviper
01-07-2008, 01:09 AM
I have an 8830 World Edition. I was flying and turned the radio off as required when the flight left.

When I arrived at my destination (Puerto Rico), I turned the radio back on and the unit rebooted. The unit showed main menu for a few seconds and started to reboot again.

I found that if I moved fast enough and turned off the radio before it reboot, the unit was fine. Obviously it is no good without the radio, but this test confirmed this is what was causing the problem.

I need to find out why this is happening. I have never had this problem before. Is there any chance this could have something to do with the local network or is there something else causing it??

John Clark
01-07-2008, 01:11 AM
Do you have a sim card in the device for use with international roaming?

wcviper
01-07-2008, 04:23 PM
No I don't have a sim card installed. I use the phone in the US (I'm from Canada) all the time without any problems. Could this be a network issue causing the reboot whne it is looking for a compatible network to connect to? You would just think it would come back with no service!

celeb
01-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Check your memory, the device may be trying to free up additional space to function requiring memory cleaner to run over and over and reboot.

I've seen this a few times.