PDA

View Full Version : How to mark email as NOT-spam?

Cavi Mike
01-09-2008, 04:32 PM
I can't get any emails to go to my 8800 from one forum I'm on. The forum had been overtaken by some spam-bots a while back and since then all of their emails have been flagged as spam. How do I mark them as not-spam?

*edit* I'm not using any third party software and my carrier is T-Mobile

JSanders
01-09-2008, 04:45 PM
Who/how are the forum emails being sent to you?

You need to go to your email server and whitelist those forum addresses, the "blahblahforum.com" part, to allow all.

Cavi Mike
01-09-2008, 06:42 PM
Is this something I do with my carrier because I'm not seeing anything on TMo's site, just a filter, which is turned off.

JSanders
01-09-2008, 07:01 PM
no. What email domain is all the spam coming to? your @<hidden> address?

You need to get a real email address, Gmail account or something. Gmail does a great job at spam filtering, and very configurable.

Cavi Mike
01-09-2008, 07:07 PM
I'm not getting any spam at all, the problem is I'm not receiving anything from StuntFactoryX.com (http://www.stuntfactoryx.com). They were going into my bulk folder when I was using my Yahoo email until I marked them as 'not spam' but when I try to use @<hidden>, I don't receive anything.

daphne
01-09-2008, 09:25 PM
I'm not sure I understand -- are you forwarding your Yahoo mail to your @<hidden> email, or did you change your email address at the site to the tmo email address?

Most people recommend not using the carrier email address for anything becaue there are no spam filters for it and once it starts getting spammed, it never stops. It would be much better to set up Yahoo email on your Blackberry.

Cavi Mike
01-13-2008, 04:07 AM
I'm not forwarding anything from my other non-BB accounts. I get tons of spam on them no matter how many times I flag them and I've read more than enough of the horror stories on here about filters not working. I only have forums sending email to my BB account and it's as simple as deleting the account from T-Mobiles website to stop any spam if I might get any, which I'm not. I appreciate your concern but my worry isn't about receiving spam.

Just to clarify things:

This is NOT a 'how to stop SPAM?' thread
I'm not forwarding email, nor do I ever plan to
I'm using my BB email account(BIS, whatever you call it)
I'm not receiving email from only one website(on BB only)
I want to know why I'm not receiving it(on BB only)
I want to know how to receive it(on BB only)
I'm not using any spam software
My carrier is T-Mobile and the spam filter is OFF

Berry One
01-13-2008, 07:36 AM
When you are using BB email account your emails are subject of spam filtering by BIS spam filters.
These filters you can't control.

What you can do is create free Yahoo or GMail account and sign with it to the forum. Anything BIS downloads from Yahoo or GMail is not filtered by RIM.

JSanders
01-13-2008, 08:22 AM
ditto what Berry One said. Scrap the TMo email address and use a gmail address. As I have stated above you need to be able to "white list" your preferred emails and forums, etc., and using the TMo account is not the way to do it.

Good luck.

Cavi Mike
01-14-2008, 02:18 AM
Thanks guys, that's the answer I was looking for. (y)
Too bad it's not the answer I was hoping for!