PDA

View Full Version : Desktop Manager - won't sync emails

Lane
01-12-2008, 08:15 PM
My Desktop Manager sync's fine with calendar, organizer data, etc - but not my email messages. The "Reconcile messages" option in the set up is dimmed so I can't select it.... help?

juwaack68
01-12-2008, 08:16 PM
Is your device on BIS or BES?

rambo47
01-12-2008, 08:24 PM
Blackberrys don't sync email. You can't send an old email from your desktop to your Blackberry via the desktop software. What you can do is forward it to yourself, to an account set up on your BIS.

Lane
01-12-2008, 08:28 PM
I'm using BIS - but I thought that I could synchronize the emails between my BB and my home computer - ie. deleted messages, etc..... no?

Dubdub
01-12-2008, 08:42 PM
I'm using BIS - but I thought that I could synchronize the emails between my BB and my home computer - ie. deleted messages, etc..... no?

Nope. As rambo47 said, BBs don't sync email.

rambo47
01-13-2008, 12:43 AM
BES will mark messages deleted on your desktop computer if you delete them on your Blackberry. For BIS you don't get this feature. Some email providers like GMail and Yahoo Mail are getting this working with BIS, but it's not so common yet.

greggebhardt
01-13-2008, 08:38 AM

No.

I leave a copy of all my emails in at the email acount that is getting forwarded and BCC a copy of all replys to another. Works good.

billy.walton
01-14-2008, 07:58 AM
what you will have to do is set up the e-mail that you want to come to you blackberry via a webclient account by going to Verizon.blackberry.com and configure the e-mail on that web site