PDA

View Full Version : After upgrading to 4.0.2.32

Gix1k
07-01-2005, 07:15 AM
Well, I have more icons on my desktop now. It added "Bluetooth", "Network", ""Screen/Keyboard", "Custom Wordlist". How the hell do I remove these, if possible?

map
07-01-2005, 07:16 AM
Well, I have more icons on my desktop now. It added "Bluetooth", "Network", ""Screen/Keyboard", "Custom Wordlist". How the hell do I remove these, if possible?

In an interesting twist, it looks like they got rid of the option to "Hide Application." Why? Beats me. Makes no sense whatsoever.

vanduse1
07-01-2005, 09:38 AM
In an interesting twist, it looks like they got rid of the option to "Hide Application." Why? Beats me. Makes no sense whatsoever.

I am able to still Hide my applications without any problem after the update.

Gix1k
07-01-2005, 09:40 AM
I am able to still Hide my applications without any problem after the update.

How??

NJBlackBerry
07-01-2005, 09:55 AM
Which theme are you using? I can hide these icons using the T-Mobile theme and the Default (List) theme (press the left shift key and click the trackwheel). Same menu appears as always.

map
07-01-2005, 10:19 AM
Which theme are you using? I can hide these icons using the T-Mobile theme and the Default (List) theme (press the left shift key and click the trackwheel). Same menu appears as always.

I use the Default (list) theme and can only hide a few of the items listed in "Applications" but nothing else. I can't hide, for example, the new "Network" item listed in Settings, or the Browser item on the Home Page.

Gix1k
07-01-2005, 10:32 AM
I use the Default (list) theme and can only hide a few of the items listed in "Applications" but nothing else. I can't hide, for example, the new "Network" item listed in Settings, or the Browser item on the Home Page.

Amazing, I did not know how to do that. I just got rid of the extra apps. Thanks, Map

b.berry
07-01-2005, 11:03 AM
After upgrading last night, I was monkeying with my settings and now cannot get the backlight to turn off. The Backlight Timeout is set for 20 seconds but it never goes off. I am currently using the Default BlackBery Theme. My password is disabled, I have a security Timeout of 2 minutes, Content Protection is Disabled, Content Compression is Enabled. Any ideas?????

bogisidney
07-01-2005, 11:09 AM
After upgrading last night, I was monkeying with my settings and now cannot get the backlight to turn off. The Backlight Timeout is set for 20 seconds but it never goes off. I am currently using the Default BlackBery Theme. My password is disabled, I have a security Timeout of 2 minutes, Content Protection is Disabled, Content Compression is Enabled. Any ideas?????

Same problem here. I fixed mine by changing the timeout to 10 seconds. Turning off the phone for a couple of hours. Rebooting it and then changing the timing to my preference. It worked.