PDA

View Full Version : Google Maps via USB, not OTA

wesbos
01-14-2008, 05:33 AM
I was wondering if there was a way that I could download and save a chunk of google maps and then use them on my blackberry Curve.

I currently do no have any type of data plan. I live in Canada and its way too expensive for me.

Basically I want to save all the images from a certain area of my city and sort of "import" them into my google maps application. I know that the blackberry can store the recent maps so if you are looking at the area more than once, it wont re-download the map.

Any ideas?

jeremyckitching
01-14-2008, 06:35 AM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8100: BlackBerry8100/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I don't believe this is an option. No where in the program have I seen an import option.

penguin3107
01-14-2008, 06:59 AM
I was wondering if there was a way that I could download and save a chunk of google maps and then use them on my blackberry Curve.

I currently do no have any type of data plan. I live in Canada and its way too expensive for me.

Basically I want to save all the images from a certain area of my city and sort of "import" them into my google maps application. I know that the blackberry can store the recent maps so if you are looking at the area more than once, it wont re-download the map.

Any ideas?

It can't be done. Maps are OTA only.