PDA

View Full Version : Problem syncing with outlook

katerade
01-15-2008, 03:40 PM
When I sync my 8130 pearl in desktop manager, it first just wanted to delete everything from my device. after resetting the configuration on desktop manager and setting it up again, after it goes through the sync process it does not recognize that anything on my device or my outlook needs to be updated, although both calendars have items that need to be transfered. it is like it thinks all those items have already been synced. now when i add in a new item to my phone it will add it to outlook, but i cant get any future stuff from outlook onto my phone, and everything added to my phone pre-reset will not transfer over to outlook. any ideas of what i can try?

dbaci3
01-16-2008, 02:04 AM
Ok which of the following has all the correct info that you want transferred? Do you want all the info from Outlook on your BB or do you want all your BB info sent to your Outlook. The best thing you could do is go into your desktop manager and change the synchronization settings. Instead of doing a 2-way sync, do a single sync. Either Outlook->Device or Device->Outlook, then your info will be the same in both Outlook and the device. Then change the sync settings back to 2-way sync and now whenever you make changes to either, it will recognize the changes and make the necessary updates.

katerade
01-19-2008, 07:53 PM
i make changes on my blackberry, but my calendar comes from an internet calendar with much of my schedule on it which updates on outlook. so i need both. i have tried changing the sync settings to 'outlook to device' only and when it syncronizes it does not recognize that anything needs updating, although there are weeks of appointments in outlook that are not being uploaded onto my device.

dbaci3
01-24-2008, 02:49 AM
i make changes on my blackberry, but my calendar comes from an internet calendar with much of my schedule on it which updates on outlook. so i need both. i have tried changing the sync settings to 'outlook to device' only and when it syncronizes it does not recognize that anything needs updating, although there are weeks of appointments in outlook that are not being uploaded onto my device.

it sounds like the other program you are using to add calendar dates to your outlook is putting it in a format that your BB does not recognize. so therefore it wouldnt send it

katerade
02-04-2008, 11:49 PM
it sounds like the other program you are using to add calendar dates to your outlook is putting it in a format that your BB does not recognize. so therefore it wouldnt send it

the first time i synced them it worked though. i have like a month of stuff from my internet calendar (it give me a month at a time) which loaded onto outlook the first time i did it, and which synced perfectly with my blackberry. now i have no idea whats different. I wonder if its a setting in outlook i have to change? or desktop manager?