PDA

View Full Version : Calendar syncing (using Desktop Manager) is deleting my calendar events. Please help!

SharonEve
01-15-2008, 04:01 PM
I'm using desktop manager 4.3.0.15, a pearl 8130, and outlook 2003 (11.8118.8132) SP2 and have ongoing calendar syncing problems. We're running an exchange server (on which my calendar and profile is stored), but not BES so I am syncing locally with outlook. On each consecutive sync, when no changes have been made to either (outlook or bberry) calendar, calendar items are alternately deleted and added to outlook. This sometimes results in missing events in outlook, and at other times double and triple events on the blackberry. If 20 items are deleted, a different number might be added back on the second sync, etc. The events involved include all day events, recurring events, and standard one-time events. I have had no problems syncing contacts, memos or tasks with outlook. Anyone else run into this problem before or have any ideas? Thanks muchly!

H-bomb
01-16-2008, 08:38 AM
I had the beta 4.3.1 OS running on my pearl (8100) for a bit and had the same problem. I think it's related to the new BB OS having support for multiple calendars. I had 3 calendars I could select for a new event created on the BB: 1) my work address (not BES), 2) my gmail address, and 3) my carrier bb address.

When events would sync to outlook and back to the BB, they were put in a fourth calendar called "default." It seemed like the desktop manager didn't recognize any items in the default calendar, so it would delete them from outlook or re-add them from outlook back to the bb. Very strange behavior, and why I ultimately went back to the 4.2 BB OS. Still using DM 4.3 with no problems.

Sorry I don't have a solution for you, but maybe if you play with the calendars on your device you can figure it out.

SharonEve
01-16-2008, 09:26 AM
You might be on to something. I know you were suggesting multiple calendars on the pearl, but I had a second outlook calendar I created ages ago (and never used). I've deleted it and so far my first handful of syncs have been successful. I won't consider it solved for a few more days, and many more added events, but it's possible. Thanks.

Sith_Apprentice
01-16-2008, 10:00 AM
you can also go into the synch settings in DM and reconfigure it, and either set the BB calendar as primary or the current profile's outlook calendar