PDA

View Full Version : 8830 - Can It Sync With 2 Computers?

Newfie
01-16-2008, 07:53 AM
It's a work supplied device. Can it sync as normal and at home too on my PC (provided, of course I load the software at home)?

I have a laptop at work, so if not it's no biggie, just a pain in the *** having to take the laptop home when the only reason I need it is for the BB.

Thanks in advance.

Dubdub
01-16-2008, 07:57 AM
Depends on the IT Policy installed on the device by your company. Probably best to talk to your BB Admin or IT Staff and se what they say. Many companies are real picky when it comes to what can be on the device and how it is used, especially if it their BB and they are paying the bill.

Newfie
01-16-2008, 08:29 AM
Thanks Dub. Just wondering if it was possible before I asked.

Dubdub
01-16-2008, 09:01 AM
It is possible. I have mine syncing with 3 laptops and a desktop, so it does work. Just remember that when you do that, all the data is merged so if you have personal stuff on your home PC, it will be moved to the laptop and merged with that data and the company can see it if they so desire. Not saying they will, but they can.

I am assuming here that you are on BES with your company. In some companies, putting personal info on a company BB/PDA/Phone can be grounds for termination. Depends on how serious they are about security, etc.