PDA

View Full Version : Does 4.0.2.32 update affect using 7100t as a modem?

surfintroy
07-01-2005, 11:51 PM
Has anyone that has been using their 7100t as a GPRS modem is work after updating to 4.0.2.32? I'm going to use my current 4.0xxx version until I can confirm that tmob didn't jack my modem use.

Grammer
07-02-2005, 03:03 AM
mine still works as a modem after the 4.0.2.32 upgrade

BeerFox
07-02-2005, 09:00 AM
Ditto here, no change in internet connectivity either with apps or as a USB GPRS modem. Only thing was I had to go back into the settings and re-enter the APN :)

pilotboy72
07-05-2005, 05:18 PM
Where do we enter the APN? Is it on the phone or as an extra modem initialization command? What do we enter?

neutral
07-07-2005, 10:36 PM
Ditto here, no change in internet connectivity either with apps or as a USB GPRS modem. Only thing was I had to go back into the settings and re-enter the APN :)

I've noticed everytime the battery is pulled, I have to re-enter this data. Is there anyway around that?

BeerFox
07-08-2005, 03:18 PM
Where do we enter the APN? Is it on the phone or as an extra modem initialization command? What do we enter?

Both, actually. It goes into the phone for phone-based TCP applications (like Ramble or VeriChat), and goes into the modem init string for using the phone as a modem. For the APN in the phone, go to Settings->Options->TCP. With T-Mobile, you'd set the APN to wap.voicestream.com, and leave the username/password empty. Full details are on the How to Configure Full Internet (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=2185) FAQ thread.

For the modem initialization, follow the guide in the Blackberry as Modem (http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=2019) FAQ thread.

I've noticed everytime the battery is pulled, I have to re-enter this data. Is there anyway around that?

Huh, weird. The only time I've had to re-enter it was when upgrading from 4.0.0 to 4.0.2 just recently, and I pull the battery several times a day (my kingdom for a hard reset option!) Anyone else seen this?

neutral
07-08-2005, 08:46 PM
Huh, weird. The only time I've had to re-enter it was when upgrading from 4.0.0 to 4.0.2 just recently, and I pull the battery several times a day (my kingdom for a hard reset option!) Anyone else seen this?
My mistake, it must've been the fact that I upgraded 3 units in the past week, and I must've just upgraded them before pulling the battery :o :o

I just tried it, and it does retain the informatin.